Noun(1) the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed(2) accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference(3) the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
Verb(1) cheat someone by not returning him enough money(2) create a short circuit in
Adjective(1) primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration(2) (primarily spatial sense(3) low in stature; not tall(4) of insufficient quantity to meet a need(5) (of memory(6) not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices(7) of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration(8) less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so(9) lacking foresight or scope(10) tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening(11) marked by rude or peremptory shortness
Adverb(1) quickly and without warning(2) without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold(3) clean across(4) at some point or distance before a goal is reached(5) so as to interrupt(6) at a disadvantage(7) in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner
(1) Often Roth and his cohorts exchange short essays instead of speaking to one another.(2) We'll continue our conversation with both of these senators after a short break.(3) Reading a book of plays is another great way to get some reading in when you're short on time.(4) Supplies were so short that the Japanese resorted to cannibalism, eating the flesh of prisoners and their own troops.(5) Traditionally Pergia weddings are short and the crowd clears out quickly afterwards.(6) There will be tough competition with Northerly, which will also be at short odds.(7) The intent of this short book is for it to be used as a simple and direct guide in a time of great danger.(8) I was fielding at short leg and had the best seat in the house.(9) You look back at the last two or three years, you have a short memory, so you think it will always be thus.(10) There is a fan nearby which fills one ear with white noise and makes me slightly giddy as if I had drunk a short .(11) The Prime Minister's speech was short on any vision that addressed those matters.(12) Two short years was enough to take me from imagining what it must be like to be that person, to actually being that person!(13) If a short squeeze occurs and enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price could go even higher.(14) For as much as I enjoyed my short walk along the river day before yesterday, I really paid for it.(15) From the Roemer it's only a short walk to the banks of the Main River.(16) Bevan was said to have a weakness against the short ball and was restricted to playing limited overs cricket.
(1) in short :: қысқаша
(2) short story :: қысқа оқиға
(3) short hair :: қысқа шаш
(4) too short :: тым қысқа
(5) short-term :: қысқа мерзімді
(6) short time :: қысқа уақыт
(7) short of :: қысқа
(8) life is short :: өмір қысқа
1. small ::
2. concise ::
3. brief ::
4. scarce ::
5. curt ::
6. inadequate ::
7. forgetful ::
8. little ::
9. scant ::
10. shortsighted ::
12. unawares ::
14. shortstop ::
16. short-circuit ::
17. short-change ::
1. high ::
2. lofty ::
3. tall ::
4. towering ::
short, shorted, shorter, shortest, shorties, shorting, shortish, shortly, shortness, shorty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Long story SHORT,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
...and maudlin displays of emotion,
so I've prepared a SHORT video.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Nothing SHORT of a million.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
But if you're ever SHORT, there's always
a couple of 50s in Green Lantern's ass.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
Not even James Bond could weld
the antechamber in such a SHORT time.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
English to Kazakh Dictionary: short
Meaning and definitions of short, translation in Kazakh
language for short with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of short in Kazakh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'short'
What short means in Kazakh, short meaning
in Kazakh, short
definition, examples and pronunciation
of short in Kazakh language.